Yoga mats can contain a lot of bacterias, so keep yours clean. There are numerous cleaning products for yoga mats on the market. However, I prefer to make my custom mat cleaner once I put my body onto it, especially my face. It is so easy to prepare, and you can combine your favourite essences, making your wellness potion.
Essential oils are an extract obtained from plants, roots, flowers, etc. This process maintains the natural characteristics of each plant’s properties like the taste, smell or benefits. Each plant contains elements that can be extracted and used for many purposes.
Tea Tree Oil
The oil contains antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, anti-inflammatory, and antifungal properties.
A special distilled herb that has antibacterial and antimicrobial properties (I like to use this alcohol-free version but it’s totally up to you if you want alcohol-free)
- Add witch hazel to spray bottle and top with water until almost full.
- Add in essential oils. If you prefer more fragrance, feel free to add more.
- Shake and spray directly onto the mat.
- Wipe clean using a towel and leave out to dry completely.
- Use after each yoga mat use or as desired.
- 1 16 oz spray bottle
- 1/4 cup witch hazel
- 10 drops of lavender essential oil
- 10 drops of lemon essential oil
- 5 drops peppermint essential oil
- 3 drops tea tree essential oil
- Filtered water